Thursday, 5 June 2014
After wrestling for some time with various mysterious white space problems in Word I decided to try using OpenOffice instead, which is a simple free program very similar indeed to Word. Having stripped out all the coding, as described in my previous post, I pasted the stripped HTML into an OpenOffice Template that I downloaded from Catnip4writers .
This seems to be working OK so far. You have to remember to select OpenOffice when opening the document. Crude but effective. And I shall be keeping an eye on what happens when I add breaks, which seemed to cause unexpected spaces to appear when I was using Word.